Crazy Cramps… The 411!
Ever feel like your cramps just don’t end? Well you’re not alone! A lot of females suffer really bad cramps during their menstrual cycle, and even though it may not seem like it, there is hope. It is extremely normal for you to have mild to moderate cramps during your period. A few other symptoms may include fatigue, bloating, headaches and nausea.
Here’s some of the advice from the guide:
- Make sure you consume lots and lots of fluids, preferably water.
- Hot tea is an old household remedy that can help calm cramps, as well as a hot pack on your lower belly.
- Soaking in a warm bath also may relieve any discomfort that you may be having.
- Your diet also has a lot to do with the severity of your cramps, so be sure to keep the junk foods to a minimum.
- With some teens, increased physical activity helps also, but for some, the best thing for them is rest and relaxation
If none of these things work for you, then you should talk to your health care provider about alternative treatment. Severe periods and extremely painful cramps can also be a sign of endometriosis.