Developing Healthy Men and Boys – February 5th & 6th, 2015
If you are a teen above the age of 18, be sure to check out this incredible (and free!) event co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Children’s Trust.
“Developing Healthy Men and Boys” is a two-day training for people of all genders about male gender socialization and the strategies and skills to develop compassionate, non-violent and equitable boys and men. This highly participatory training uses personal reflection and small and large group discussions to accomplish the following goals:
- Understand the dynamics of male socialization and its impacts on boys and girls, women and men, families and communities
- Recognize how violence and trauma contribute to the formation of harmful expressions of masculinity
- Identify personal and collective actions for challenging oppression and promoting healthy non-violent manhood
- Learn and practice cross-gender dialogue skills
- Build partnerships between men and women to prevent violence and promote gender equality
If you’d like to learn more or register, check out the event website.