Top 10 PCOS Tips
Hello out there to our PCOS blog readers! I hope everyone had a fun summer! After a short break, our PCOS Chats will resume again on Tuesday, September 14th from 7-8pm (Eastern Time). If you haven’t chatted with us before, you can fill out a form on our website to see if you’re eligible. Please remember that you have to be between 13 and 22 years old.
Here are our Top Ten PCOS Tips. Do you have any tips that you’d like to share?
1. Eat a balanced diet. Your body needs carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
2. Choose healthy carbohydrate foods that are high in fiber and low in sugar.
3. Load up on vegetables and fruits. They are high in fiber and packed with vitamins and minerals.
4. Balance your carbohydrate foods with proteins and healthy fats.
5. Limit your portions when you are eating high–carbohydrate foods (especially ones that are low in fiber).
6. Eat small meals and healthy snacks during the day instead of 3 large meals.
7. Don’t forget to exercise! Good nutrition is important, but it isn’t enough. You also need to exercise regularly. Adding exercise or increasing the exercise you already do will help you manage your PCOS.
8.Don’t get frustrated if you don’t lose weight quickly or if you’ve tried to lose weight before and it didn’t work. Learning how to choose and balance your carbohydrates and doing regular exercise will help!
9. Stay positive! It can be very difficult to achieve visible results. Doing what’s right for your body IS doing something good, even if you don’t see a big change in your weight.
10. Talk to your healthcare provider about managing your PCOS. Most young women with PCOS need to take medication, even with good nutrition and exercise. If you have more questions about PCOS and nutrition, ask your healthcare provider about talking to a nutritionist who has experience in working with teens with PCOS.