Making the Holiday Season Memorable
The holiday season means a variety of things for different people, such as a break from school, time with family and friends, traveling, etc. I’m sure that you’ll want to make your holidays an experience that you will never forget, so here are some ideas to make your holidays memorable:
- Take a family picture. Family pictures are always nice, so what better time to snap a photo than during the holidays when families are close together!
- Spend time with loved ones. Holidays are usually spent with people that are important to you. Take advantage of the holidays to reconnect with people that you normally don’t get the chance to see.
- Spend time in the kitchen. Cooking and baking is fun and it can be a bonding experience if done with family or friends. Gather a group of relatives or friends and cook or bake your favorite holiday recipe or look for a new recipe that uses yummy seasonal ingredients such as sweet potatoes or cranberries.
- Make a scrapbook of past holidays. Photos capture moments and make them last a lifetime. To make your scrapbook, gather favorite pictures of moments from holidays when you were a child. Create captions with the names of the people in the photos and consider including how you felt or your thoughts from that time.
- Travel. Plan a trip with your friends or your relatives – even if it’s just a day trip. Celebrating the holidays can serve as the perfect excuse to go on vacation with your loved ones or take in a local tourist attraction together.
- Community Service. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have relatives or the means to have a nice holiday. Volunteering for a local food bank or shelter is a meaningful way to help your community. Doing something nice for others will help make their holiday memorable, and might make yours more memorable too.