It’s Time for a Sensational Summer Smoothie
Want something delicious and healthy that can also cool you down on a hot summer day? Smoothies are a great summer beverage and can be packed full of nutrients and vitamins depending on what ingredients you put in them. They are also good because they keep you hydrated which is very important during the summer months. Smoothies made with yogurt are a great snack because they can give you an extra boost of protein and calcium and keep you feeling full and energized until your next meal. One of the things I like best about smoothies is they are easy and quick to make. You can mix up fruits or veggies or both, along with a dairy product or milk substitute and in a matter of minutes you have a delicious and nutritious drink! Below is one of my favorite smoothie recipes from our “Quick & Easy Recipes for Teens Cookbook.” Enjoy!
- 1 cup low-fat, plain yogurt
- 6 medium strawberries (with stems removed)
- 1 cup (canned) crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 medium, banana (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and foamy
- Serve immediately
Makes 3 servings