Take a Step Towards Meal Prep
Are you a college student who is sick of eating dining hall food? Are you a parent who stresses about what to cook for dinner every day? Are you a teen who wants to start eating healthier? If you answered yes to any of these questions, meal prepping is for you! Meal prepping is a fun and easy way to plan your meals for the week. It does require a lot of planning ahead of time, but once you get down to it, it’s very simple. Here are a couple of questions to ask yourself when meal prepping:
- What do I want to eat this week? This is an important question to ask yourself when planning for the week, because you don’t want to end up cooking for the week only to dislike what you are having.
- Can I make different variations? Great question to think about, because the more variety you have the less likely you will get tired of your meals throughout the week.
- What ingredients do I need? Always keep this in mind, especially when grocery shopping, because you don’t want to end up buying unnecessary things, or buying too much packaged food.
- Will my meal taste good reheated or be delicious cold? This is an important aspect for meals that you prepare ahead of time.
- How much will I want to eat? You don’t want to have too little or too much food.
Once you have bought all your groceries and portable containers, start cooking your meals! Pick a day of the week when you are least busy, so that you can give yourself time to do everything. Start with a couple of times a week in order to not overwhelm yourself! And most importantly, have fun with it! Eating is meant to be enjoyable. Good Luck!